Alavis Hemagel 7 g
Hydrophilic gel to accelerate wound healing
ALAVIS ™ Hemagel is suitable for large and small domestic and exotic animals.
ALAVIS ™ Hemagel provides easy and quick wound treatment with immediate relief.
ALAVIS ™ Hemagel heals both minor injuries and larger chronic wounds.
The unique composition of the product allows to chemically bind oxygen radicals, which arise in inflammatory processes, accelerates the wound healing process, reduces the risk of complicated healing and suppresses pain in the wound. It creates a superficial layer that acts like a second skin, thus helping to protect against external influences and creating a favorable environment for the healing of both acute and chronic wounds (eg postoperative and other skin lesions). Wet environment in the treatment of wounds is modern and at the same time the basic principle of treatment. Stable moisture in the wound prevents scab formation and thus speeds up the healing process.
Why use gel to treat wounds? Thanks to its properties, ALAVIS ™ Hemagel has proven that:
- It chemically binds oxygen radicals that are produced by inflammatory processes
- It creates optimal pH in the wound and thus helps healing
- The proven gel structure prevents the release of gel particles into the wound with subsequent irritation
- Adds moisture to the wound
- It prevents wound drying and scab formation
- It has absorbent capacity and thus cleans contaminated wounds
- It reduces wound pain
- Supports wound closure
- Already during the treatment softens and improves the appearance of scars
- It is anti-inflammatory
- Clean the wound of mechanical debris, such as dust particles, remnants of previous medical materials that could subsequently irritate and damage the wound.
- Open the tube with a twisted cap.
- Apply a small amount of gel to the entire wound base. The gel adheres to the wound base and gradually absorbs secretions and other liquids from the wound.
- Apply the gel as needed at least once per 24 hours
- For a higher effect, it is advisable to cover the wound with a sterile square, preferably of nonwoven. Fixation materials should extend approx. 1 cm over the wound edge. Re-band as needed after no more than 24 hours until the problem disappears. For infected wounds we recommend more frequent dressing changes.
- Gel application does not replace antibiotic administration in heavily infected wounds.
- The effect of the gel is manifested by swelling. Unique gel technology prevents sticking to the wound and thus allows very easy removal without pain by gentle wiping.
- Follow the advice of a veterinarian.
The product is autosterile - after opening it can be used throughout its shelf life. No side effects such as allergies, increased pain, etc., or other contraindications have been reported with ALAVIS ™ Hemagel. The product must not be used after the expiry date stated on the tube. If side effects (increased pain, redness, etc.) occur, discontinue treatment and consult a veterinarian. The product is not intended for internal use.