Apomedica Pasta cool 190 gr
Pasta Cool is a decongestant, anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving poultice paste. It contains heparin and salicylic acid as active ingredients, as well as essential oils (rosemary oil, mountain pine oil) in a base of siliceous clay.
Heparin has an anticoagulant, decongestant and vasodilating effect. Heparin thus counteracts the formation and enlargement of blood clots and promotes the regression of existing clots. Fluid accumulations in the tissue are broken down more quickly and inflammatory processes are favorably influenced.
Salicylic acid has an anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect.
Pasta Cool also contains essential oils that promote blood circulation.
All properties together promote the regression of bruises and inflammatory swellings. Feelings of tension and pain or increased sensitivity to pressure subside, and the associated restriction of movement decreases.
field of use
Pasta Cool is used to support the treatment of swelling and bruising as a result of blunt, bloodless injuries to the musculoskeletal system such as bruises, sprains or strains, for example after acute sports injuries.
If you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 5 days of regular use, consult your doctor.
Pasta Cool should not be used if you are allergic to heparin, salicylic acid, the essential oils rosemary oil or mountain pine oil, other anti-inflammatory medicines/painkillers, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
With repeated use on large areas, interactions with drugs taken/used at the same time are possible:
- the effect of certain blood sugar-lowering medicines (sulfonylureas) can be increased, which can lead to low blood sugar levels.
- the effect of anticoagulants (coumarin anticoagulants) can be increased, which increases the tendency to bleed.
- the toxicity of methotrexate (medicine used to treat cancer or certain rheumatic diseases) can be increased.
- if corticoids (eg cortisone) are taken at the same time, the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding can increase and water retention in the body can occur
- If you are taking dehydrating medicines (saluretics and spironolactone) at the same time, there may be an increased tendency to water accumulation in the tissue (oedema).
- If oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (anti-inflammatory and analgesic substances such as diclofenac or ibuprofen) are taken at the same time, their side effects can be increased.
The absorption of other locally applied drugs through the skin may be increased.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
Pasta Cool should not be used during pregnancy due to insufficient data.
Pasta Cool should only be used during breast-feeding after consulting a doctor, as small amounts of the active ingredients can pass into breast milk.
Pasta Cool should not be used on the breast area while breastfeeding.
Pasta Cool contains sorbic acid and methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate
Sorbic acid can cause localized skin reactions (eg contact dermatitis). Methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate can cause allergic reactions, including delayed reactions.
The recommended dose for adults and adolescents from 12 years of age is:
Apply the paste 1-2 times a day.
Method of application:
For use on the skin.
Apply Pasta Cool and spread over the diseased area about a thickness of the back of a knife. The smeared area can be covered with an air-permeable piece of cloth or a paper handkerchief and this covering is lightly fixed if necessary.
Paste residues can easily be removed with lukewarm water.
Use only on intact skin, do not apply to mucous membranes, open wounds or eyes.
Duration of use:
In general, the envelope is not renewed before the end of 8-12 hours. Pasta Cool is used until the symptoms subside.
If you do not feel better or if you feel worse after 5 days of regular use, contact your doctor.
Use in children
Use in children (< 12 years) is not recommended due to the lack of clinical data on safety and efficacy in this age group.
Rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000):
Localized hypersensitivity reactions of the skin such as itching, burning, rash or redness may occur.
Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data):
- Methyl 4-hydroxybenzoate can cause irritation to the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
- Sorbic acid can cause local skin reactions (such as contact dermatitis).
- With repeated use on large areas, side effects on the entire organism, especially on the digestive tract, and an effect on the blood clotting system cannot be ruled out (see section "If you use more Pasta Cool than you should").
- Existing asthma can be aggravated by hypersensitivity to salicylates.
The active ingredients are:
heparin sodium, salicylic acid, essential oils (rosemary oil, mountain pine oil),
100 g paste contain:
5000 IU heparin sodium, 1.0 g salicylic acid and 0.8 g essential oils (0.4 g rosemary oil, 0. 4 g mountain pine oil).
The other ingredients are: Indian lemon balm oil, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, sorbic acid, ethyl alcohol, siliceous clays, glucose syrup, glycerin, silicon dioxide, sodium hydroxide, purified water.