Olynth 0.1% Nasal Spray 10 ml
OLYNTH® 0.1% nasal spray belongs to a group of medicines called otorhinolaryngology.
Olynth 0.1% Nasal Spray contains the active substance xylometazoline, which causes blood vessels to be withdrawn at the site of action, thereby reducing swelling of the mucous membranes, and consequently facilitating nose-breathing and improving mucus release.
It is given 3 times a day, 1 dose of solution into each nostril.
The onset of action usually occurs within 5-10 minutes.
The product is intended for adults and children from the age of 7 years.
Unless otherwise advised by the physician, adults and children from the age of 7 inject up to 3 times a day 1 dose of OLYNTH® 0.1% nasal spray into each nostril. Dosage depends on the patient's sensitivity and the effect of the product.
How is OLYNTH® given 0.1%?
Use of the product in chronic rhinitis is only permitted under the doctor's supervision due to the risk of thinning of the nasal mucosa.
Ask your doctor for the appropriateness of taking OLYNTH® 0.1% with other medicines.
How long should you take OLYNTH® 0.1%?
Do not take OLYNTH® 0.1% nasal spray for at least 5-7 days without consulting your doctor .
If the signs of the illness do not improve or worsen, or if you experience side effects or some unusual reactions, talk to your doctor about the next medication. Longer use than 5-7 days is possible only after consultation with a physician. Reuse may only take place after a break of several days.
What should you do if you take too much OLYNTH® 0.1%?
In cases of overdose or inadvertent oral ingestion, the following symptoms may occur: pupillary enlargement (vomiting), nausea, vomiting, bluish discolouration (cyanosis), fever, convulsions, circulatory disorders (heart rate, arrest, increase in blood pressure), lung disorders (lung swelling, breathing disorders), mood disorders.
Drowsiness, decrease in body temperature, slow heartbeat, drop in blood pressure to shock, breathing disorder and unconsciousness may also occur.
In case of such difficulties, immediately consult a doctor! As a first aid, charcoal may be given.
When should not use OLYNTH® 0.1%?
The product should not be used in any of the following cases:
- hypersensitivity to any ingredient contained in Olynth® 0.1%
- dry nasal mucosa (rhinitis sicca)
- children under 7 years of age.
The product contains the preservative benzalkonium chloride. Therefore, OLYNTH® 0.1% should not be used in case of known hypersensitivity to this substance.
It can be taken only on medical advice in these situations:
- Patients treated with some antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors), or other drugs with possible increases in blood pressure
- patients with increased intraocular pressure, particularly in patients with glaucoma (glaucoma) narrow angle
- patients with severe circulatory disease (eg ischemic heart disease, high blood pressure)
- patients with pheochromocytoma (adrenal marrow tumor causing blood pressure)
- patients with certain metabolic disorders (increased thyroid gland, diabetes).
Read the package leaflet thoroughly.