Alavis Sammy Liver Regeneration 30 capsule For cats dogs medicine vitamins
Liver is the main and most important organ for metabolism and detoxification of the organism .
The metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, amino acids, ammonia detoxification, cholesterol degradation, heme, hepatic hormones are formed, degraded and inactivated by the liver, plasma proteins are produced, and energy (lipids and glycogen), iron and vitamins are not less important.
Active substances contained in ALAVIS ™ SAMMY:
- SAM-e (S-adenosyl methionine) - 200 mg
- Silybin (extracts from the mildew) - 24 mg
The active substance SAM-e is converted to glutathione, which is a very important antioxidant, which means that it prevents damage to important cellular components by reactive oxygen radicals, especially in hepatic cells, and is therefore of great importance in their protection. Glutathione is also of great importance for metabolic and biochemical reactions such as DNA, protein, prostaglandin, amino acid synthesis, enzyme activation. It also has an effect on the immune, nervous, gastrointestinal system and also on the lungs. It is crucial in the metabolism and function of iron, it is involved in leukotriene synthesis and is a cofactor for the enzyme glutathione peroxidase.
Silybin from the mammary gland is known and used for many years for its hepatoprotective effect, ie it protects the hepatic cells (hepatocytes). Prevents hepatocyte breakdown and helps regenerate damaged cell membrane.
Concomitant use of SAM-e and Silybin has a significant positive effect on liver regeneration.
Recently, the significance of SAM-e is also found in cognitive disorders (dementia) of geriatric dogs and cats. With the increasing age of these animals, we are experiencing dementia and SAM-e can be alleviated.
- magnesium stearate, modified starch, and gelatin
|Weight of dog, cat||Daily dose|
|1 - 5 kg||1/2 capsule|
|5 - 10 kg||1 capsule|
|10 - 20 kg||2 capsules|
|20 - 35 kg||3 capsules|
|35 - 45 kg||4 capsules|
|45 - 60 kg||5 capsules|
|60 - 70 kg||6 capsules|
|70 kg or more||7 capsules|
Method of use:
- Capsules are given daily according to the recommended dosage in the animal's mouth or with a small piece of food. The capsule can be divided and mixed with water or a small piece of food.
Administer at least 60 minutes before feeding.
- In acute hepatic or pancreatitis, administer ALAVIS ™ SAMMY for 1-3 months a day, for chronic liver problems, administer the product daily for 2-3 months, and in high-risk patients or patients with severe hepatic impairment, administer the product twice a week after a 1-3 month daily meal.
Caution: Store in a dry and dark place at room temperature.
Pack size: 30 capsules